hist-brewing: Spice Question

Melanie Wilson MelanieWilson at compuserve.com
Sun Jun 27 15:43:25 PDT 1999

>Earl Grey is strong black tea that has been treated with
bergamot oil.  Granted that it's no Lapsang Souchong, but I
could hardly describe the flavor "delicate".

Maybe not to the American palate but in the range of teas we get in the UK,
I would consider it so. Definatly not strong at all compared to Yorkshire
etc. IMHO.

Then again there is no telling that the Earl Grey I drink is the same as
the one you drink. Certainly Orangina (a fizzy drink) is very different in
taste in France & England (personally I prefer the French) Likewise many
beers etc are adjusted to the countries palate.

Mel