hist-brewing: Spice Question

OxladeMac at aol.com OxladeMac at aol.com
Sat Jun 26 13:02:00 PDT 1999

Sorry - Last message got screwed up somehow.  Here is what it should have
said:

Is anyone out there this afternoon?  I'm needing some advice

I've got a mead recipe that calls for the steeping of 6 bags of Earl Grey tea
(probably for the tannins.)  I don't have any Earl Grey, but I do have some
peppermint tea.  Would this substitution be bad?  Would the peppermint be too
overpowering?

Also, the recipe calls for whole cinnamon sticks, but all I have is ground
cinnamon.  About how much ground cinnamon equals a cinnamon stick?

Thanks in advance.

Ox