hist-brewing: Rose-Almond Cordial

Faulconess at aol.com Faulconess at aol.com
Wed Jun 16 07:23:44 PDT 1999

<<  I have a Rose-Almond recipe that'll blow
 your mind.  ;)  Very, VERY exotic tasting.>>
<snip>

I was privately asked to post said recipe for the benefit of the list.  These
are two SCA recipes, taken from "Martin's Closet Cordials" by  Lord Martin
aus Brandenburg:

Rose-Almond Water
Ingredients for one quart:
4 tsp. Pure Almond Extract
1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
2 tsp. Rose Water
2 tsp. Orange Blossom Water
4 whole cloves
2 cups Vodka
2 cups cane sugar
1 cup brown sugar

Mix all but the water and sugar in a stone or glass jar and store sealed in a
cool, dark place for 5 to 10 days. Combine sugar and water in a saucepan and
bring to a boil. Let boil for about 5 minutes and then remove from heat.
Allow the mixture to cool for an hour and then pour into a clean quart
bottle. Strain almond mixture into the quart glass, seal, and let
condition for at least 2 weeks.

Cloven Fruit Liqueur
Ingredients for one quart:
2 peeled limes, sliced
1 peeled Lemon, sliced
1 tsp. Orange Flower water
3 cloves
pinch Cinnamon
1.5 cup Vodka
.5 cup Brandy
3 cups cane sugar
2 cups water

Mix fruit, Orange flower water, cinnamon, cloves, vodka and brandy in a stone
or glass jar and store sealed in a cool, dark place for 5 to 10 days. Combine
sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Let boil for about 5
minutes and then remove from heat. Allow the mixture to cool for an hour and
then pour into a clean quart bottle. Strain fruit and vodka
mixture into the quart glass, seal and let condition for at least 2 weeks.
Note: This recipe was derived from Hannah Wolley's Lemon Water recipe