hist-brewing: SCA Potable/Mead Competition Documentation Rules

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Sat Jun 12 00:10:42 PDT 1999

I am curious. Lets say, as just an example... that gift baskets were
exchanged between kingdoms.... no SCA funds were used to buy the alcohol, but
there is among the items in the basket, a small bottle of cordial. My reading
says this is still illegal. Opinions please?

As I read it, if we buy it, we're in violation ... if we donate it, we're in
violation. If we TALK about it, we're in violation.

Gods save us from Lawyers and well meaning (I hope) Legislators.

SCA, INC--As per SCA Policy, it is prohibited to use any SCA funds for the
purchase of alcohol. This includes the USA and Canada.

This includes the following:
1.For use as Prizes in tournaments or raffles
2.As gifts
3.For re-sale at Taverns, Bar's or Inn's
4.Or given away at a Tavern, Bar or Inn

Any donated alcoholic items for any of the above reasons is also prohibited.
<snip>
"Further discussion with Andrew also revealed that local brewer's newsletters
are putting us in insurance peril if they focus on redacting recipes or
publishing new recipes developed by members of the guild." Ouotes and
underline mine..