hist-brewing: sanitation

Eylat Poliner allotta at earthlink.net
Mon May 10 15:44:45 PDT 1999

The "froth", broom or "magic paddle" used for innoculation was passed by
tradition.
The "froth" was the foaming head from an active brew used to start a new batch.
This was using gyle or kraesuning to start a new batch with active fermentation.

A broom or magic paddle was used that was infected with good yeast.

Mark