hist-brewing: barrels

Wade Hutchison whutchis at bucknell.edu
Thu May 6 07:28:13 PDT 1999

The biggest problem (perhaps) with the panther barrels is that they
are wax lined, so if you intend to brew in them, you don't get the
'real' wood character.  One of the local home-brewing suppliers that
I deal with has un-lined, untreated barrels starting at about $80.00
for the 3 gallon size.  They will do mail order, so let me know
if you're interested, and I'll send you the contact info.
	-----wade/Gille

What _I'm_ looking for is a wooden tub to mash in.  You'd think that
somebody still sells a wooden wash-tub.  Anyone have any info?