hist-brewing: Re: Dry Hopping

bjm10 at cornell.edu bjm10 at cornell.edu
Wed May 5 08:20:06 PDT 1999

On Wed, 5 May 1999 PBLoomis at aol.com wrote:

> 	For cleaning, as opposed to sanitizing, I recommend a long soak with
> B-Brite.  Follow the instructions on the package, and let it sit in the sun

An oxidizer and/or surfactant would, of course, work better.  Of course,
were I to say "RBS-35" on the list, most folks would go "huh?" and not be
too thrilled about the price.  (RBS-35 is a laboratory surfactant, able
to get glass "chemically clean".  The remarkable thing is that, at
working concentration, it's safe enough to use on your hands.  Just don't
soak body parts in it overnight.)