hist-brewing: Re: Dry Hopping

PBLoomis at aol.com PBLoomis at aol.com
Wed May 5 08:17:36 PDT 1999

On Tue, 4 May 1999 PBLoomis at aol.com wrote:

 > 	Amen to that last.  I did that once when dry-hopping, and it took me
 > forever to get the adhering petals (sepals?) off the inside of the carboy.

 In a message dated 5/4/99 10:06:00 AM EST, bjm10 at cornell.edu writes:

 << A long soak in an antiseptic solution was the only thing that worked for
 me.  My secondary dry-hopping (yup, some of us daring souls do it) now is
 done with a bag.  >>

	For cleaning, as opposed to sanitizing, I recommend a long soak with
B-Brite.  Follow the instructions on the package, and let it sit in the sun
for
a day.		Scotti