hist-brewing: Looking for a book

Michael D. Manning darke at inetworld.net
Sun May 2 17:52:56 PDT 1999

> H.S. Corran's book _A_History_of_Brewing_ lists a book by Reynold (or
> Reginald) Scot _A_Perfite_Platforme_for_a_Hoppe_Garden_ as one of his
> references.  This book was written in London in 1574.  Corran quotes
heavily
> from the book in his discussion on hop growing in the sixteenth century.
>
> Anyone know where I could find this book?  Interlibrary loan?  Anyone else
> ever read it?

Here is all the info I have from the copy at the University of San Diego:

Author:     Scot, Reginald, 1538?-1599
Title:     A perfite platforme of a hoppe garden / Reginald Scot
Published:     Amsterdam : Theatrum Orbis Terrarum ; New York : Da Capo
Press, 1973
Series:     The English experience, its record in early printed books
published in facsimile ; no. 620
 Note:     Photoreprint of the 1574 ed., imprinted by Henrie Denham, London
 "S.T.C. no. 21865."
Subject:    Hops
ISBN:    9022106209

Michael