hist-brewing: Mead

Shane Foster sorcerer at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Sun May 2 13:23:26 PDT 1999

On Sun, 2 May 1999, Stan Marshall wrote:

> Hi,
> Could anyone recommend books, recipes, equipment that would be
> particularly useful/necessary and also a place to get the equipment in
> the LA area or a reputable Mail order...

Well the equipment will depend on how serious your willing to try, but
here's my list and alternatives.

2 1 gallon glass bottles (For a try out you can use 2 1 gallon plastic
milk jugs.
1 racking tube (Any local wine supply store should supply these, look in
the yellow pages under wines.)
1 airlock with rubber stopper (These are cheap)

Yeast - Champaigne yeast is a good one.

These are the basics, I'm sure you'll add to it as you see fit.

Shane.

AEthelstan King,  lord of eorls,
Ring-bestower,  and also his brother,
Edmund AEtheling,  won with the sword-edge
Lifelong glory  in battle at Brunanburh.
                          - Excerpt from 'The Battle of Brunanburh'.