hist-brewing: Richard Strauss and beer

JazzboBob at aol.com JazzboBob at aol.com
Thu Apr 8 11:28:01 PDT 1999

Does anyone have any information or sources about the composer Richard Strauss
(Munich b. 1864 - d. 1949) drinking habits and preferences?  The only clue
that I've been able to find from a friend in Germany is that, Strauss's
mother was an owner of a brewery.  I need the info to make a
presentation/beer talk for The Philadelphia Orchestra at the Sam Adams
Brewpub.
I hope this isn't too off the subject matter for this digest and hope that
there might be someone out there that might help.
Thanks,  Bob the Music Librarian