hist-brewing: Re: hist-brewing and the SCA

PBLoomis at aol.com PBLoomis at aol.com
Wed Apr 7 05:48:30 PDT 1999

In a message dated 4/5/99 11:02:48 AM EST, NTMOORE at SMTPGATE.DPHE.STATE.CO.US
writes:

<< I always figured it was period if
 you can justify the ingredients and methods as being period (or modern
 equivalents) and historical likely to be used together.  >>

	Methinks thou hast the right of it.  If thou readest Mistress
Rosemounde's letter in the October 1998 _Pop_Chiv_, I think thou'lt get that
same impression.

 << Also, where do you
 draw the line? If I sparge, which I will always do, that seems ok because
 it is an efficiency change that has minor effects on the finished product
 (assuming you adapt the recipe for this) >>
	The question is, are you allowed to use a [definitely non-Period]
thermometer?    8-)

	Scotti