hist-brewing: (Attn list coordinator) Re: possible misuse of list

Chris J. Caronna, R. Ph. ccaronna at swbell.net
Fri Mar 19 06:20:15 PST 1999

Growltgger,
I have been on this list for about 5 months.  I have no AOL account but use S W
Bell.  I have never received any junk mail from this server.  When we were on AOL
we received junk mail like you would not beleive.  Your AOL account is the most
likely culprit.  I do not know if AOL sells lists or someone goes into their files
and looks up e-mail addresses.  It got so bad at my wife's library that they had
to disconnect their AOL account to keep from getting porn messages on the school
library computer.

You can write to AOL and there are some settings that should prevent it it you
want to keep your AOL account.  But please rest assured no one has ever spamed or
sent unsolicited mail to me from this list.

Hope that helps,
Morgan the Vintner