hist-brewing: Oak leaf in Viking Mead Recipe?

John Purdy John_Purdy at Jabil.com
Fri Mar 12 10:25:38 PST 1999

OK, I'll bite...

Being a technician in the mundane world I tend to take a rather technical
viewpoint of things.  The recipe in question states :

*	2 sprigs Pors and about a 3" handful of loose leaves

In common usage only one ingredient would be listed in a sentence/line of a
recipe.  Thereby the leaves called out are that of Pors, or Bog myrtle as
it's called.  Here's another recipe or two which use these leaves...

http://www.breworld.com/homebrew/recipes/s2.html
<http://www.breworld.com/homebrew/recipes/s2.html>  a Heather Ale recipe
page

Wassail!