SV: hist-brewing: Eggs in Wine

Chris J. Caronna, R. Ph. ccaronna at swbell.net
Tue Mar 2 19:20:12 PST 1999

Angus MacIomhair,
There are several recipies calling for the addition of egg white in Cindy
Renfrow's "A Sip Through Time".  One example is #14 on page 45.  The ingredients
on the recipe dated 1669 are:  4 gallons water, 1 gallon honey, 3 or 4 egg
whites and ale yeast.  I am not sure I can post the entire recipe due to copy
write laws.  Incidently I have #32 on the same page which does not call for egg
whites in my fermenter right now.  It is almost complete after 3 weeks of
fermentation.  I hope it clears in the next few weeks so I can share some with
my shire.
Hope this helps.
Morgan the Vintner