[H940114 at stud.kol.su.se: SV: hist-brewing: Egg whites in mead]

Eric A. Rhude ateno at panix.com
Tue Mar 2 09:05:23 PST 1999

Angus:

In period, clear as we know it was not readily available
untill late....

There was glass in the middle east, but most of it was
not used as a container.

I have no facts or figures..

Sorry I could not be more helpful...
Eric Rhude

Personally I feel that clarity isn't an issue as long as the taste is =
OK
and I guess t was the same in period.
How common were glass glasses (that you could see through) compared to
earthenware containers etc (that you can't see through for obvious
reasons),
do anyone have some actual figures on this, from excavations etc. ?
If the earthenware was the most common, why bother making a product =
that
most ppl couldn't see anyway?

Angus MacIomhair.