hist-brewing: Egg whites for clarification.

Brokk H940114 at stud.kol.su.se
Tue Mar 2 08:56:23 PST 1999

I have never used egg whites for clarification of any brew.
How is it done?
Should the eggwhites just be poured into the brew and it all be stirred
or should the whites be beaten stiff first?
How much egg white should be used/imperial gallon of brew?

I'd be very pleased if anyone could enlighten me on this one since I
 have a brew in the closet that won't clarify on its own.

Angus MacIomhair.