SV: hist-brewing: Egg whites in mead

Brokk H940114 at stud.kol.su.se
Tue Mar 2 08:52:35 PST 1999

Personally I feel that clarity isn't an issue as long as the taste is OK
and I guess t was the same in period.
How common were glass glasses (that you could see through) compared to
earthenware containers etc (that you can't see through for obvious
reasons),
do anyone have some actual figures on this, from excavations etc. ?
If the earthenware was the most common, why bother making a product that
most ppl couldn't see anyway?

Angus MacIomhair.