hist-brewing: Eggs in Wine

Chris J. Caronna, R. Ph. ccaronna at swbell.net
Tue Mar 2 05:07:25 PST 1999

Greetings Lords and Ladies,
I have seen several recipies which call for the addition of eggs or egg
whites in Mead and a few wine recipies.  I have yet to find a reference
as to what the eggs were included for.  Possibly for flavor (yuck) or to
help it clear?  Does anyone know?  Incidently, my period brewing class
has been canceled due to time constraints twice.  I hope this month a
populus I can present it.

Inservice,
Morgan the Vintner