hist-brewing: First Wort Hopping

Badger badger at nwlink.com
Sat Feb 27 12:47:53 PST 1999

I am looking into some French brewing techniques that incorportated a
kind of FWH.  htye Mashed in a vessal, and then lautered into a vessal
with spent grains from a previous batcjh, and 7 times the expected hops
on the bottom, and the strained teh same wort TWICE thru this..  No
dates ywt, but it is referred to as probably 16th century.  anyone heard
of this?  iwould love a second source.

badger

Brander (Badger) Roullett  email:badger at nwlink.com
Homepage: http://www.nwlink.com/~badger

SCA: Frederick Badger, AoA, Light of St. Bunstable, Green Leaf
Squire to Viscount Sir Nicholaus Barchatov
Pursuivant At Large, Senior Marshal