bjm10 at cornell.edu bjm10 at cornell.edu
Wed Feb 24 07:34:12 PST 1999

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Jeff Renner wrote:

> http://brewingtechniques.com/bmg/schwarz.html.  I strongly recommend
> reading it and bookmarking it.  Six row was called Manchurian barley, and
> is not authentic to historic European beers, not that that would stop me.

So what should we use for "bear", in that case?  Likewise, when you say
it is not authentic to "historic European beers", do you mean that it was
introduced in the 1950s?

What distinguishes "historic" in your usage?  It's important for me,
since my interest ranges from earliest documentation to the Prohibition era.