hist-brewing: Re: oat malt report and recipes

PBLoomis at aol.com PBLoomis at aol.com
Tue Feb 23 07:02:23 PST 1999

In a message dated 2/22/99 3:22:31 PM EST, nerenner at umich.edu writes:

<< More oat malt information from an email to me last year from the maltster
 (isn't it nice that there is still a family member involved in this old
 firm?):  >>

	Thanks for the info.

	I've been brewing a unhopped 13th Century English ale which calls for one
part of oat malt to three parts of barley malt.  I've just been using flaked
oats and assuming there is enough diastase in the two-row barley to convert it
all.  It occurs to me I may be overly optimistic.  Does anybody know how to
compute this??

	Scotti