hist-brewing: Mead

Chris J. Caronna, R. Ph. ccaronna at swbell.net
Fri Feb 5 19:50:29 PST 1999

Greetings Lords and Ladies,
I am attempting two  mead experiments tomorrow. It is my first mead
attempt.  I am using two reciepes from Cindy Renfrow's book, #261 on
page 33 and  #32 on page 45.  Has anyone tried these period recipes?  Do
they work?  I am not going to bottle them as stated in #32 due to I only
have wine bottles and guess they are still fermenting after only a week
and will blow my corks out.

If anyone has tried these and knows they work or do not please let me
know.  I was also going to add yeast nurtient to each gallon batch just
to be safe. The yeast I am going to use is Lalvin D47 which I ordered
from E. C. Kraus.

In Service,
Morgan the Vintner (hopefully the brewer also)
ccaronna at swbell.net