hist-brewing: Cloudy Metheglyns.

Wylie A. & Gail D. Smith wyliesmith at isomedia.com
Sun Jan 31 10:25:13 PST 1999

I disagree here.  multiple racking and patience is what I use to clear my
methe.  It is brilliant, with no clarifiers added. The brewing art is not
outlined all that clearly in what I have read, however the lees, or trub is
highly valued in producing new batches.  It is not hard to imagine that
racking off the trub was an important process, not for clearing, but for
making more. I imagine that clarity was a byproduct of getting the most out
of the yeast.

My method is simple: Primary, rack to secondary, wait 3 months, rack again
until the mead is brilliant (usually another 2 months).