hist-brewing: Period Questions

Baden,Doug baden at oclc.org
Fri Jan 22 09:32:39 PST 1999

Chris:

Your questions have been answered quite nicely, but I have a little thing
for you to use :).

An anecdote:
There was a find by Captain Jacques Cousteau of Roman wine from the bottom
of the ocean, still sealed and because of the wonderful environment, quite
drinkable.  The cruise was paid for by the Captain, and being French, he
popped the stoppers and drank the excellent wine.  His cameras took it all
in :).  The guys back on shore were really pissed at him....

That wine really lasted!

As an aside, the Romans buried their wine during fermentation.  They learned
it from the Georgians (was part of the USSR), and the Georgians still do it
the old fashioned way!

National Geographic specials are wonderful...

Doug/Arundel

Doug Baden    My opinions are my own.
When I see "And it is obvious that" I know that
I have many hours of work to see the obvious...