Mark Schuldenfrei schuldy at MATH.HARVARD.EDU
Wed Jan 20 09:23:44 PST 1999

                               I have Cindy's book (which is very good,) but
  the majority of the recipes are late medieval/early modern, and I am
  specifically interested in pre-1400 recipes.  Any guidance would be greatly
  appreciated.

A hastily and clumsily built page might help:
    http://www.math.harvard.edu/~schuldy/brewing.html

It was converted from a series of long emails I sent many years ago.

  >(Outside of our SCA relm, how many people do
  >you know that are interrested in circa 1000-1600 brewing  anyways?)

  More than you might think.

I am constantly amazed and disturbed by the sheer arrogance of the typical
SCA know-it-all, who presumes that the SCA has a lock on curiosity about the
past, and a lock on answers about it.  It is appalling, and I hope it
eventually appalls those that hold it.

	Mark Schuldenfrei  (Or, perhaps you know me as Baron Tibor.....)

PS. I don't know a lot about brewing, but I enjoy learning.  My thanks to
    the MANY who post here.