Jim Liddil jliddil at azcc.arizona.edu
Tue Jan 19 00:50:28 PST 1999

> From: Al Korzonas <korz at xnet.com>
> Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 13:16:45 -0600 (CST)
> Subject: hist-brewing: Ancient, Medieval, and Indigenous beers
>

>> 3) Sacred and Herbal Healing Beers: The Secrets of Ancient Fermentation.
>> Author: Stephen Harrod Buhner
>
> Since I own none of these books, I would like to ask for opinions on
> them.  I'm familiar with Gregg Smith's and the Fisher brother's writing
> and must say that I don't agree with a good 20% of it.  So, I ask,
> have they done their research and are these books indeed good sources
> or are they like their previous works?

I don't know about the accuracy of this book, but it is an interesting read
particularly based on where I am mentally these days.  The book is writtne
from a certain perspective that put various puratanical ideas in
perspective.  I put this book in the category of writers like Aldous Huxley
and others who wrote on altered states of consciousness and our views on
"drug" use.

Jim