hist-brewing: Ancient, Medieval, and Indigenous beers

Al Korzonas korz at xnet.com
Mon Jan 18 11:16:45 PST 1999

In a recent post, Peter writes:

>1) The Beer Drinker's Bible.  Authors: Gregg Smith and Carrie Getty
>2) The Homebrewer's Garden.  Authors: Joe Fisher and Dennis Fisher
>3) Sacred and Herbal Healing Beers: The Secrets of Ancient Fermentation.
>Author: Stephen Harrod Buhner

Since I own none of these books, I would like to ask for opinions on
them.  I'm familiar with Gregg Smith's and the Fisher brother's writing
and must say that I don't agree with a good 20% of it.  So, I ask,
have they done their research and are these books indeed good sources
or are they like their previous works?

Al.