hist-brewing: sucre

Baden,Doug baden at oclc.org
Wed Jan 13 07:41:26 PST 1999

You are welcome.  One of the more interesting points is that cane sugar is
used in European brewing, and I was wondering when it became feasible and
cost effective for brewers to have used it.

Obviously not until fairly recently, like perhaps in the 1800's, when sugar
became cheaper than grain.

Still poking about on the maple syrup question.

On the plantation question, the island of Barbados was infamous for it's
treatment of the workers.

Doug/Arundel

Doug Baden    My opinions are my own.
When I see "And it is obvious that" I know that
I have many hours of work to see the obvious...