hist-brewing: sucre

kathy/jim kbooth at scnc.waverly.k12.mi.us
Tue Jan 12 11:56:20 PST 1999

I've enjoyed all the posts on sugar.  This has nothing to do with
brewing, but I've read that the Arabs had plantations on islands off the
coast of Africa where African slaves were used to produce sugar.  Later,
these plantations served as a model for the slave plantations in the new
world with African again being used as slave labor.  On that happy thot,
I retreat to my lurking self.  cheers,  jim booth, master of none
including himself.