hist-brewing: Re: Pumpkin mead

J C Ronsen caleb at buffnet.net
Fri Jan 8 19:56:00 PST 1999

At 04:44 PM 1/6/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Well I found this on a scrap piece of paper on my desk. (a monumental task
>in and of itself!)  I believe the recipe dates to the mid 1700's maybe this
>will help you out maybe not *shrug* .
>Receipt for Pompion Ale
>Let the Pompion be beaten in a Trough and pressed as Apples. The expressed
>Juice is to be boiled in a Copper a considerable Time and carefully skimmed
>that there may be no Remains of the fibrous Part of the Pulp. After that
>Intention is answered let the Liquor be hopped cooled fermented &c. as Malt
>Beer
>
>When I was a kid my favorite relative was Uncle Caveman. After school we'd
>all go play in his cave, and every once in a while he would eat one of us.
>It wasn't until later that I found out that Uncle Caveman was a bear.

I've had pumpkin mead before; you really have to like pumpkins to enjoy
pumpkin mead.

ska: Lord Caleb Reynolds
mka: Caleb Ronsen
aka: Bubba th' Barbarian
The Scum of AEthelmearc
Known to millions as "Who's that?"
http://www.buffnet.net/~caleb/caleb.htm

Something told Dorothy she wasn't in Kansas anymore. Maybe it was the color
of the sky; maybe it was the smell in the air; maybe it was the road sign
that said, "Welcome to Missouri."