hist-brewing: First mead

Eylat Poliner allotta at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 7 23:53:37 PST 1999

Obviosly the mead was still fermenting when you bottled.  Did you take a
gravity reading over 3-5 days & determine that the wine was no longer
fermenting?
Racking is a must!!!
Generally wines (mead, fruit or grape) need to ferment 2-6 months before
fermentation is complete.  If you want a sparkling mead, add 2/3 cup
corn sugar and an additional 1/4 packet of fresh yeast per 5 gallons.