hist-brewing: Pumpkin Pie Melomel

Owenbrau1 at aol.com Owenbrau1 at aol.com
Wed Jan 6 10:30:32 PST 1999

never tried  pumpkin pie melomel, but i did a beer once. i used canned because
we ran out of fresh (making pies); trust me, i won't make that mistake again!
it was an all-grain batch, and the two cans of pumpkin set the mash like
concrete! i finally gave up trying to sparge it, let it drain out, and added
malt extract to get the gravity i wanted. when i dumped out the tun, instead
of a nice pile of wet grain, it looked like a jello mold! it just sat there,
laughing at me. but the beer wound up very tasty....

Owen ap Robert