hist-brewing: oral history

AlannnnT at aol.com AlannnnT at aol.com
Thu Dec 31 13:04:21 PST 1998

In defense of oral history, I might ask; what good, exactly, is written
history? My history books in grade school portrayed European colonists as
altruististic, benevolent, all around nice (white) guys, who spread good cheer
and wonder around the 'undiscovered' world. This of course must be true,
because it was written.

However, oral history also gives us the hard to believe story of Noah and his
ark. This story just might have suffered a touch of exaggeration before it was
first written down.

Believe half of what you read, nothing of what you hear, and some of what you
see.

Alan T
E. Northport NY