hist-brewing: looking for sources

Baden,Doug baden at oclc.org
Tue Dec 29 10:36:00 PST 1998

We could ask at Williamsburg if they boiled down Maple Syrup.  If they did,
then it would have been a trade commodity :).  Interesting question in it's
own right.  Nothing for research on their site...

The earliest I have found is from the 1700's, though.  Vermont and Maine, to
be exact, but Thomas Jefferson was involved it the attempts.

I suspect the colonists had brewing before 1587, but it was done in the old
fashioned way, in the kitchen by the wives.  Nobody would go that long
without a beer :)!  What a dry spell!

Doug/Arundel

Doug Baden    My opinions are my own.
When I see "And it is obvious that" I know that
I have many hours of work to see the obvious...