hist-brewing: suger substitution

Gary Henderson cucymry at mnic.net
Mon Dec 28 16:39:18 PST 1998

Hi, yes me once again and boy being new to brewing I have a milion
questions. I was thinking that honey should not be the only form of suger.
My history is foggy but I wonder if tree syrup specifically maple is peroid
and if so would it had been used to make mead. Has anybody researched or
tried this. Maybe I am way off base but there just must be more than honey.
Second of all I like to announce my first mead was sampled today it was
bottled 11/28 it still seems rough but ok. Is there a specific time to let
age or perhaps a limit on how long mead should age?
Once again thanks for the help
Gary