hist-brewing: Oat malts and Domesday Ale update

bjm10 at cornell.edu bjm10 at cornell.edu
Fri Nov 6 13:50:37 PST 1998

Cool beans!  I'll finally be able to order the stuff.  Of course, I'll be
doing the St. Paul's Ale, but what d'ye think they meant by "quarters"?
Is it the measure of volume that was used in the 15th and 16th centuries?

If so, I'm home free, since I've got a gallon-marked can that I can use
for measuring the grain by volume.