hist-brewing: Re: Curosities of Ale

joe evangelista joee at walrus.com
Thu Sep 24 20:53:38 PDT 1998

Hello:

I have a copy of the book. If the project to put works on line goes ahead, I
shall try to contribute this -- well, a chapter at a time, as work permits. It
would be a great thing to have in an on-line or CD resource. I suppose that
finding the copyright ownership will be difficult, if the publisher is no longer
around. It may be public domain, though, because the reprint doesn't appear to
have been re-set. So it may have the same standing as the old books Dover
re-publishes today.

In that book is referenced a work called Nineteen Centuries of Drink in Britain.
Anyone know where it might be found?

I joined the list hoping for some history of beer and brewing discussions.

Instead, I've found interesting discussions which are over my head, as I'm not
yet a home brewer. Soon I'll do my first batch. Anyone out there know of a good
starter kit?

Joe Evangelista