hist-brewing: Info on sanitation

Arriano at aol.com Arriano at aol.com
Tue Oct 20 15:29:52 PDT 1998

Funny you should mention that. I've had worse troubles when I have been anal
about sanitizing the beer.

In a message dated 10/20/98 4:13:05 PM EST, bjm10 at cornell.edu writes:
<< Generally, I've found that sanitation is nowhere nearly as important as
 cleanliness.  A good and *thorough* washing, followed by good and
 *thorough* rinsing should be doing most of your work.

 Truth be told, I am nowhere near as anal about "sanitizing" and
 "sterilizing" as the various amateur brewing books advocate, and I'm a
 microbiologist!

 It has not had any noticeable deleterious effects on my beer.