hist-brewing: Info on sanitation

bjm10 at cornell.edu bjm10 at cornell.edu
Tue Oct 20 14:08:42 PDT 1998

Generally, I've found that sanitation is nowhere nearly as important as
cleanliness.  A good and *thorough* washing, followed by good and
*thorough* rinsing should be doing most of your work.

Truth be told, I am nowhere near as anal about "sanitizing" and
"sterilizing" as the various amateur brewing books advocate, and I'm a
microbiologist!

It has not had any noticeable deleterious effects on my beer.