hist-brewing: rescans

Beth Ann Snead ladypeyton at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 1 08:32:09 PDT 1998

I have a copy of Arnauld of Villanova's booke of wine.  Here is my
question:  It was last translated (by Henry G. Sigerist) in 1948.  It
was originally published in 1438.  Since the nontranslated version is
written in almost illegible medieval german script is the translation
still covered under copyright law?
I'm assuming yes but since I may be wrong I thought I'd ask.

Peyton