hist-brewing: Creating online sources

pwp at cs.cmu.edu pwp at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Sep 30 21:58:27 PDT 1998

Greg writes:

< I have an example text at
<
< http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/weaver/
<
< I have a short script that turns a pile of whatevers into a linked
< list of pages at various resolutions.

Could we have more bits (higher resolution) than those examples?
Please?  300 DPI would probably make for unwieldy large files to suck
across the net.  On the other hand, at 72 DPI, a 9-point letter is,
well, something less than 9 dots high, which can make puzzling out the
text even harder.

		--Paul