hist-brewing: Re: The London and Country Brewer

Scott Nichols snichols at digitech.com
Wed Sep 30 10:27:57 PDT 1998

Hello,

I feel compelled to share my thoughts on this matter.

I must say that developing a collective body of knowledge by digitizing old brewing related material is an exceptional idea. I myself have documents to contribute to this body.

However, I can not subscribe to the idea of making money from the idea.  The Internet is an incredible media for disseminating information.

Imagine how the collective body of knowledge can be propelled forward by unfettered access to the brewing material.

Imagine how limited the collective knowledge would be if only offered for sale to those who chose to afford it.

There are numerous examples of Internet collaboration producing outstanding results. Let us also be an example of collective collaboration bring about results that benefit all who wish to expand their knowledge. Let us give and share.

Regards,

Scott