hist-brewing: Re: The London and Country Brewer

Glenn Raudins raudins at ct.picker.com
Tue Sep 29 05:24:09 PDT 1998

Jim mentioned getting a photocopy of The London and Country Brewer, a
book that is referenced quite often and is quite rare to find in a
personal collection.  I have a few older (1800's) and rarer books or
copies there of.  With the advent of cheap scanners and the fact that
they are clear of just about any copyright law by now, it has crossed my
mind that we could probably reprint many of these texts by simply
scanning them in, touching up the scans, and printing them out 2 pages
per sheet of paper.  (This isn't a business proposition, as I don't
think there is much money in reprinting obscure old books.  Though
Lindsay publications does well doing some.)  The question being, has
anyone done this before or considered doing it?  It would be nice to see
books like the London and Country Brewer back in publication, as they
represent brewing information that is scarce.  As this is slightly off
topic for the digest, we can take this discussion off line if anyone is
interested.

Glenn Raudins
raudins at ct.picker.com