hist-brewing: The London and country brewer

Jim Liddil jliddil at azcc.arizona.edu
Mon Sep 28 02:12:11 PDT 1998

I am in the process of getting the following:

 The London and country brewer ... to which is added, a philosophical
account of brewing strong October beer ...
 Publisher  London, Printed for Messieurs Fox, 1736.
 Call #       TP569 .L6 1736
 Edition     The second edition, corrected ...

After I get the photocopy I will OCR it and put it on the web.  At this
point I am not going to be answering requests for copies etc.  Also this
has been a major pain.  The Special collections folks are very relucatnat
to photocopy anything this old and I did some major haggling to get it.  I
am alsow working with a new project here to convert microfilm direct to
digital.  And I hav elocated a number of old brewing text  in this format.
I will try to also locate the first edition of the above text on microfilm.
 I have server space to put this stuff up *if* everything goes according to
plan.  Don't hold your breath since I am in a University and things happen
at their own speed partciularly when dealing with preservationist AR
librarians.

Jim Liddil