hist-brewing: stabilizing mead

Daryl Olson dar at winternet.com
Tue Aug 18 19:33:48 PDT 1998

Ok, I have a general question here.  I had a pretty good sweet mead that
unfortunately blew all of their corks off when it got warmer and the yeast
went active again.  Has anyone tried or uses, stabilizers in their mead?  My
mead actually sat quite a while, and seemed quite still, before I bottled,
so I was thinking of using a stabilizer on it next time.

Also, anybody have any other advice for making sure my mead doesn't open
itself before I'm ready to?

Dar