hist-brewing: Wine yeasts in Mead

Timothy Green TimGreen at ix.netcom.com
Tue Aug 18 18:39:25 PDT 1998

"flocculation" is a term used for the tendency of a yeast to fall out of
solution and form a yeast cake in the bottom of the fermenter.

I also don't find a problem with long secondary/aging times with traditional
meads, and even with some melomels. One of  best meads was a Vanilla Mead
that sat in secondary for almost a year before I bottled it.

Tim Green

Mead is great...
Beer is good...
(But beer is much faster)