hist-brewing: Colonial America brewing recipes and info

Mansfield, Scott Scott_Mansfield at uscs.com
Thu Aug 13 13:36:41 PDT 1998

>From that period, there is also the ever-popular: The Closet of Sir Kenelme
Digbie Opened, Whereby is discovered several ways of
making Metheglin, Sider, Cherry-Wine, &c. H. Brome. London 1669. Reproduced
by Philip Lee Warner
in London in 1910.

While not particular to colonial America, the recipes and ingredients would
be similar.

You might also follow this link to medieval and renaissance brewing:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/brewing.html

Scott Mansfield
Education Services Group
(916) 636-4791 - voice