hist-brewing: Mead

allotta allotta at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 23 20:48:02 PDT 1998

I have found a great way to use your mouth without the risk of infecting
the mead or beer.
**  Gargle with vodka or whisky!!!!    *******
The high alcohol will kill mouth bacteria.  Swallow after gargling or
spit it out, your choice.

You can either boil or bring the must to 170 degrees to sterilize.
boiling will destroy the proteins more thoroughly than just pasteurizing
the homey must.

Good luck.       Mark