hist-brewing: Mead question

Chad Osborne COsborne at pacbell.net
Sun May 31 12:24:54 PDT 1998

I intend to age this mead in the bottle, but want to ensure that it is not
going
to be too sweet first.  As an update, I should mention that I have used a
yeast energizer and a second batch of liquid ale yeast (a stronger variety,
am told) to kick start it.  My local brewing shop had no yeast hulls (which
are recommended by Papazian to remove "toxins" that inhibit yeast activity,
but said the energizer removes fatty acids which may be the "toxins" in
question.  In any case, my fermentation lock is bubbling along merrily, and
my yeast is pleasantly cloudy with suspended yeast.

Thanks,

Chad Osborne